Sunday, December 6, 2009

The ex-Mother-in-Law

Her name is Drucilla. She prefers to be called Dru, but for my sake, we will continue to call her Drucilla...HEAVY emphasis on the CILLA. Just for my own personal shits and giggles.

She called over to my mother's house back in October...I had every intention of blogging about it, but intentions lately in regards to my blogs have been short sighted...

I called her back...afterall, I was wanting information on her son.

I started calling her EARLY in the day...around 9am.

It would ring and ring and ring and ring.

FINALLY

Around 4 o'clock that evening she answered her phone...she sounded DRUGGED ...like I'd just woke her up.in addition to sounding drugged.

Anyways, during the way too long course of this phone call she managed to insult MY mothering ability. I guess she was the perfect type of mother...you can read about that here. Of course, this is a woman who has not bothered even ONCE to even grace Mikeal with even a single reply to a single Christmas card I actually bought, signed, put a picture of him in, and then stamped, mailing it to her/her sisters/other such family persons, with the exception of last year when everyone got a video slide show presentation, except for them, instead of cards; but I've heard not a SINGLE anything from her, her son, or anyone on that side of the family since September of 2005. So I guess for four years of silence from them she has every right to tell me she is ENTITLED to have a relationship with her only grandson...boo-fucking-hoo... I allow it. I give her my house number.

I also set her up with some rules. She's allowed to only call BETWEEN the hours of 4pm & 7pm & if we're eating dinner Mikeal won't be able to talk to her. So she's just call on Sundays & once in a while during the week...

That went on for oh, two weeks in October. She never once asked Mikeal about school. She'd go on and on about what he'd remembered about her...yea real nice "MeMaw" (blech)...the only thing he can seem to remember about her is them locking him in the closet and hurting him & me when I came to pick him up, a long time ago...story behind that - my side : I came to pick up MY son, she refused to let me leave with him, even though she had no legal right to stop me, she'd had him for several months because she'd RAN OFF with him & her family would lie to the cops. Her side - she'd raised him for two years already it's not fair to take him away from her, because she didn't even get to meet him until he was a year old...**coughbullshitcough**...oh, this incident happened when Mikeal was 28 months old, and I'd moved to Texas in August, a few weeks before his 2nd birthday, and we'd made a "temporary" custody agreement that he'd get to switch between the two homes for roughly a month at a time, in September...so from mid-September to mid-October she was to have him...I went to pick him up and they were GONE. Friends of mine staked out her sister's place time to time and on January 6th he was back home in Texas with me...I can't quite see where she gets two years of raising him in there, but I guess the right drugs can do that to you. And in the same breath of telling me that she had him for two years, then hadn't even met him until he was a year old...I have pictures of her holding him at just a few weeks old...then almost monthly after he was 3 months old...so she didn't meet him until he was a year old, had him for two years, hasn't gotten to see him since he was 3 years old (this part actually IS true) and she thinks he's 5 years old, and too young to be in school.

SO she feels that she is ENTITLED to have a relationship with him. I allowed the telephone "relationship". She started promising to send him shoes, toys, clothes, you name it. Lets see. She sent him a box on the first of November. It had a pair of shoes in it, decent shoes and a toy. OK. Not quite all that she'd promised him, but I wasn't going to make any sort of big deal out of it, whatever. She called every freaking day for a week trying to get ahold of us to make sure he got his package from her. OH.MY.WORD! Leaving the most nails down a chalkboard type of messages on my machine, sometimes several a day. We were BUSY that week. School things, family things, regular things, you name it, we weren't home, plain and simple when she'd call. FINALLY she reached us at home. Confirmed that the package did indeed make it to him, another bunch of promises to send him more stuff the next month....fixed income and all that...and we've not heard a SINGLE peep from her since.

Yeah, this from the "memaw" that was BEGGING me to allow her to have the relationship she's ENTITLED to with her only grandson. A bunch of promises to him and then no follow thru, followed by a bunch of nothing. Yes, I know where her son gets it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment